Aims and Objectives
Our understanding of the pharmacoeconomics of antiinfective chemotherapy has improved and has reached the point where this science should be taken into consideration not only for the proper development of new agents but also for the proper clinical use of antimicrobial agents. Pharmacoeconomic evaluation of new drugs and/or health technology assessment became a necessary part of many reimbursement procedures around the world, especially in Europe. We need to provide more insights into current practices and use researchers, regulators and clinicians to help us understand the value of new technology in a time of health budget constraints and strict drug policies. While this is now more and more recognized by academia, industry and regulatory agencies, there is presently a need for further training in this field.
The aims of the Working Group are to promote the international exchange of ideas and new research into all aspects of pharmacoeconomics (PE), also in collaboration with other scientific societies (i.e. ISPOR).
Our Work Plan is as follows:
- Organise a workshop on PE during the biannual ICC congress
- Organise occasional educational meetings
- Encourage scientific exchange with other scientific organisations
- Implement the PE approach in anticancer/antiinfective therapy
- Apply for research grants
The most recent meeting of the Working Group took place 27th March 2015 in Chigago during the MBAA International Conference.
Future / Ongoing Activities
• ITAPA Congress, November 13, 2019, Bratislava, Slovakia
• ISPOR 2020, May 2020, Orlando, USA
• ISPOR Milan 2020, November 2020, Milan, Italy
• MBAA, Chicago, March 2020, Chicago, USA (WG Pharmacoeconomics committee meeting, prelim.)
• Serbian Congress of Pharmacy, October 2020, Belgrade, Serbia