NEW! ISAC Project Grants
We are pleased to announce that ISAC is now offering small Project Grants to applicants from ISAC Member Societies.
Applications are invited for grants between £5,000 and £10,000.
Aim of Research Project
Applicants are required to demonstrate that ISAC funds will be utilised for a clearly defined piece of research, which will have an identifiable outcome on completion of the work. At least one country involved must be a low- to middle- income country.
Research projects should address one of the three following areas:
- What are feasible and effective prevention strategies to prevent transmission of (resistant) pathogens in low resource settings?
- What basic laboratory support does a healthcare system minimally need to tackle infectious diseases?
- How do we improve antimicrobial use worldwide to ensure it is delivered only to those who need it?
- Projects can last up to 24 months.
- 6-monthly updates are required.
- Funds can be used for staff or materials.
- At least two institutions should be involved in the project of which at least one is from a low- or middle-income country.
Eligibility of applicants
- Principal applicant must be a member of an ISAC Member Society. Visit the website to see the full list of ISAC Member Societies. Any relevant society which is not a member can apply for membership by emailing secretariat@ISAC.world. Once the society’s application has been approved, members can apply for Project Grants.
- Other applicants do not need to be a member of an ISAC Member Society.
- The principal applicant must be the principal investigator on the intended research.
- At least one country involved must be a low- to middle- income country.
The deadline to submit is 1 June 2020
For more information on how to apply, visit the website.
We would be grateful if you could please share this information with your colleagues.
We look forward to receiving your applications.